Monday, February 28, 2011

Recipe!

I've really gotten tired of not having anything else to talk about but death and sadness and frustration. I do have some bright spots in my life. I just never get much time to talk about them here. But today! I made something delicious and thought I would share. It was very tasty, and I was very hungry, so this is the only picture I thought to take:



Oven roasted green beans with feta and almonds

- I don't use measurements so you'll have to wing it.

Ingredients:

One clove garlic- cut in half
Extra virgin olive oil
Fresh green beans (or your favorite vegetable)
Sea salt
Feta cheese
Sliced almonds
Lemon juice


Directions:

Take the garlic and rub the bottom of a shallow casserole dish with a close fitting lid.

Drizzle olive oil in the dish until the bottom is lightly coated.

Place green beans in dish in a single layer and stir to coat with oil.

Sprinkle green beans with sea salt to taste.

Bake in 400F oven 15-20 minutes until tender (make sure the lid is on).

Take out of oven and sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and sliced almonds.

Place uncovered dish back in oven and broil for 3-4 minutes until the almonds are lightly browned.

Remove from oven, let cool a few minutes then sprinkle with lemon juice.

Eat slowly and don't let anyone see you lick the plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment