Sunday, October 23, 2011

whirlwind

Sorry about the long hiatus. We have been visiting with our new daughter (insert girly squeal) for the last 3 weekends, with this past one being our first overnight. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun. My husband was being a complete goofball and it's been a while since he's let go like that. K was surprisingly well behaved even with all the extra excitement. M is fun to hang out with and fits with our family surprisingly well so far.

Last weekend we went for a hike and then had a quiet day at home. This weekend we went shopping ALL DAY on Saturday and then spent Sunday with some friends at our house. I normally really hate shopping but with a teenager in tow it was actually kind of fun. I was exhausted at the end of the day but very, very happy.

I was worried when we started with this match that my grief over not being able to have a baby would prevent me from being completely happy with this situation but that couldn't be further from the truth. I know things could change but meeting this girl has been so healing for me. I have so many plans for things I want to do with her, show her, learn from her. I think our lives are changing for the better. I can't wait to see what else it brings.

5 comments:

  1. This post makes me happy. Love the joy in your words, can't wait for more updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful update! I am so excited for you and will keep fingers crossed as things move along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Thank you for the update!! Children of any age can be so healing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that. You've waited so long, I'm glad to hear things are going so well (especially about your hubby being a goofball!). xxx

    ReplyDelete