Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Miracles DO happen








Dubbed "little dragon" mostly because of the extreme discomfort I've been dealing with, but also for a strong spirit. Not only did this little one pass the NT scan with flying colors, he/she gave an impressive show of his/her spring-boarding skills. Baby was sound asleep in a bad position when the scan started, but once we woke it up, it wouldn't be still. The ultrasound tech was laughing, chasing the little monster all over the place trying to get a good picture. The difference between this scan and Aiden's was so profound. We could tell right away how healthy this one was and I can't stop smiling when I remember watching those tiny feet kicking off of my uterus over and over again. Such a weight is lifted from my spirit and I finally remember how magical my first ultrasound with my daughter was. Life is pretty damn incredible sometimes. The worry is, of course, not gone. The downside of the incredible support I found on the web is that I now know about a million horrible ways babies can die, but I am actually looking to the future now. Now if the physical misery will back off a bit, I may actually make it through the next 6 months.

Thank you everyone for being here, you keep me going!

14 comments:

  1. I TOTALLY remember that feeling...all that support and now you "know" someone who lost a baby at any given week or even on the way to the hospital....there is no "safe" moment....even when they are out of the womb! Try and focus on this WONDERFUL u/s (I am so thrilled for you). And get a doppler till you can feel them kick...it was my saving grace when my baby got still for too long! GL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that this little one passed the NT scan and brought you some happiness in the middle of all the pain you have been dealing with. Hope your little dragon continues to be strong and fierce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you. I just found your blog and read Aiden's story. Seeing your little one bounce around on the ultrasound and passing the NT must have been sweet sweet relief!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you! What a relief this is. I felt so much better after my NT scan and saw the baby so active. The worry never does go away, but it certainly dropped a bit of me after this test.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really wonderful news. I do so hope everything continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely news! I'm so glad you got to see your little one bouncing about all over the place. I know that the worry doesn't go away but I also think we feel it, that breathtaking incredible-ness, more keenly. Go little dragon and go mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had chills and happy tears. Finally, biojen. Finally. My heart is full of great wishes for your family right now and for more and more days of completely normal progress as this little guy or gal grows!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so so thrilled for you. Much love and hugs hon xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so amazingly happy for you! I am one of the Girls from the forum... Knowing you are expecting a bouncy healthy baby brought tears to my eyes. Congrats biojen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You may want to crop your ultrasound photo. It has a bit too much personal info...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks. I knew better and just never checked it.

      Delete