Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Better now

We haven't really resolved anything but the anger has faded. I can see we have a lot of work ahead of us. It's going to be tough to convince a kid that's been in foster care for 9 years that she can trust us and doesn't have to lie constantly. My husband and I really need to work on us before we will get anywhere with her. I'm hoping her therapy appointment tomorrow will be a good place for her. She says she hates therapy but I think if she found the right match it could help her tremendously.

I had some good news today that I'm excited about. I was offered a promotion at work. It means a pretty good raise but still no benefits. It's not what I want to do but it will give me some regulatory experience, which is the only way to move up in my field. It is the first really good financial news we've had in a really long time.

I'm a little more hopeful today, but cautious. I still expect the universe to kick me in the teeth.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the recognition in promotion. I feel good thing are overdue in biojen land. I will keep up the vigil for a nice long winning streak ahead.

    ReplyDelete