Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Nothing like a little drama to get me writing again

My alternative title: I think I cursed the universe one too many times. It is cursing me back.

I had to laugh today. I feel like the awkward guy in 2 1/2 Men when he thought he was cursed by a satanic girl Char.lie was dating. Here is the list of what has happened in the last 3 weeks.


Good: Our adoption of our teenage daughter from foster care is finalized. YIPEE!!

Bad: Our fridge breaks. We have it sort of working but can't put anything in it that will be damaged by freezing or go bad quickly. We're coping by shopping several times a week. We can't afford to replace it unless we get our money back from the IRS. Annoying but not the end of the world.

Good: I find out I'm pregnant. Awesome news except now I'm scared to death.

Bad: I do something horrible to my neck that has me laid up (on the floor) for going on 6 days now. I've already spent more money than I want to think about trying to get back to work since I don't get sick leave.

Good: I finally reach the IRS and find out the error that took most of our return is easy to fix but will take 3 months.

Bad: Dishwasher starts making horrible noises and my sister sent me a text that the shop vac she borrowed is blowing black smoke. I am ignoring both of these until forced to do something.

Really bad: A mysterious puddle of water in the laundry room turns out to be a rusted out master bathtub that has been slowly leaking for quite some time and created a very large patch of mold on the wall. Awesome. Thank God we are renting.

Bad: My left, lower eyelid started swelling and turning red and hurts. (whispers) just like that show where Al,an got cursed!


Up, down. Up, down. STRESSED! HAPPY! STRESSED! HAPPY!

If my head starts spinning you will know why.

If anyone has an in with the appliance fairy, I could really use a good word right now.

Looking back at this list I feel a little less persecuted. Even though the bad outnumbers the good right now, the good is so awesome that it outweighs the bad. I guess that's not so bad of a deal, overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment