Saturday, December 10, 2011

What I wish I could say

Please don't say Merry Christmas. I can see you don't remember that this time of year is very hard on me. I know I look happy. I know I look fine to you, but I'm not. People that are fine don't break into hysterical sobs for no good reason in the middle of singing a Christmas song. People that are fine don't spend a significant portion of every day remembering in vivid detail watching a very tiny child die. So don't pass on your cheer and ignore the gaping hole I will always have in my life. It doesn't matter how many children I add to my family, there will always be one missing. If you can't understand that, or can't take the time to remember, then I don't want your well wishes. And yes, I have made a new year's resolution - it's to not kill any more children. I hope to God I can fulfill it.

3 comments:

  1. I sometimes wish we could skip Christmas all together.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. This is a time of year that I hope passes quickly for you and that you find some new moments of joy that come your way. There are no words for what it means to you and I can hope at lesser that you don't encounter insensitive assholes to boot. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of you so much. With me at least it'd happened a month before christmas. But it was all at the same time for you. sending so much love xxx

    ReplyDelete