Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Permanency meeting today!!

This is unofficial, but today we are meeting with M's social worker, guardian ad litem, therapist, and foster mom to decide when she will be moving in with us!

It's the first step in the adoption process here. After she moves in we have a minimum 90 day "trial" period before we can petition to adopt. After that we petition the court and wait for a court date.

I'm so excited! We are hoping M can move in the weekend before Thanksgiving. I would have been happy with next week but I will be out of town for 4 days the week of the 14th. We're worried she won't settle in well without all of us here. M sounded happy with that plan but we have to clear it with all the official people first.

I can't wait for her to be here. She is really struggling in school and I think that has no hope of changing until she is somewhere stable. If how I feel is any indication the poor kid probably feels like she is in the middle of a tornado right now. I don't think I'd be able to concentrated on school either. I just wish her foster mom thought the same way. I have a feeling M will be grounded again by the end of the week.

I also really wanted a quiet weekend at home with our new family. That is very hard to do when we are transporting between houses and try to keep up our normal obligations.

Anyway - wish us luck! Hopefully in a couple of hours we will have a date for when we will officially be a pre-adoptive family!

3 comments:

  1. All the best for a successful meeting. I hope things work out for you all to be together by Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloody hell! After nothing happening in forever it's all going so fast :)

    Hope it all went well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you. It seems like M is the prefect addition to your family. I've enjoyed reading your posts about the whole process and I'm looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete