Thursday, September 29, 2011

From 5 to 14 almost overnight

We are officially matched. We had our disclosure meeting where we went over the child's records with her therapist and case worker. We didn't see anything we didn't think we could handle so we are moving forward with visits. Our first visit will be in a park with her foster family and our family on Wednesday. I have no idea what to do or say. I'm absolutely frantic to get a room ready for her, even though we have no idea if we will really be bringing her home in another month or two. My head is spinning so much it's hard to concentrate on anything else. I have gotten zero work done all week. I go from giddy to nervous wreck in .005 seconds. If I'm not careful my fingers will look I put them in a blender by Wednesday.

I was so concerned with behaviors and past history that I didn't really get much info on what she likes. I know she likes to sing (yea!) and go fishing (double yea!), but that's about it. We are going to bring a card game to play at the park in case the conversation lags and maybe a ball to kick around. We haven't told Kira yet, which is killing me, but I don't want her to have time to worry about the future before she meets the child. I have to come up with a code word for her. I'll work on it.

I can't believe we might be taking on a 14 year old! I was just getting used to the idea of 5!

2 comments:

  1. wow I go offline for a while and look what happens! Have everything crossed for things to go smoothly for you and your new (maybe) daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to pop in Tuesday to say good luck :/ Hope it went well honey xxxx

    ReplyDelete