Monday, September 12, 2011

***Crickets****

It's been a month since we were told we were in the running for a 13 year old girl. I was told to send questions by email. I did, immediately. I have heard nothing. Zip. Zero. Even after a couple of phone calls and several emails. I know I'm being a pest. I don't care. I cannot for the life of me understand why it takes so freaking long to line up parents with waiting kids. This girl has been on the heart gallery for over a year. They had so many home studies they had to do more than one match meeting. I get that they are overworked, but this seems really extreme to me. How can it take up to two years to say here is the family for you? It's not like they are turning away all the home studies. They are just taking a really damn long time to hold the match meetings. It's driving me insane. How many birthdays is this poor girl supposed to spend alone while the social workers coordinate calendars?

They posted on the heart gallery that this girl has a family now. Does that mean we didn't get picked? Or does it just mean they are close to choosing and don't want any more home studies? I can't even get an answer to that question. If it's no, fine. I'll move on. I was in the process of starting domestic infant adoption when they called. I froze everything waiting to learn if we would be chosen. Instead, I got crickets.

Now I get to go see my 21 year old, pregnant with her second child cousin this weekend. Joy. I wonder is she will ditch this one with her mom while she goes out partying. I'm starting to understand kidnappers, I really am.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jen. It's not fair.

    Luckily my friend has now managed to get rid of his girlfriend who has six kids, *one* of whom lives with her. Who has drank and smoked (heavily) through all of her pregnancies and never lost a baby. Makes you sick, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sending lots of love to you. None of this will ever make any sense to me at all.

    ReplyDelete