Friday, May 20, 2011

Oh how I hate the waiting

Our home study was finally turned in and we are still waiting for our background checks. But now we are down to weeks instead of months. The only problem is that we aren't sure if we will get a caseworker assigned to us. If we don't we will be our only advocates, which will make it much harder to find children. On the plus side, tomorrow is the adoption picnic and the caseworkers my co-worker had will be there. They are very nice people and hopefully they will help us get someone on our side. I wish I could have them but we are in the wrong county.

I'm really looking forward to this picnic. We've been to two but haven't talked to any kids yet. We are both kind of shy and it was awkward trying to figure out how to approach someone. Somehow "hi! do you need a family?" doesn't seem appropriate. It's also very hard to tell who is a caseworker and who is a parent. But now that I know some of the faces I can figure out who to talk to. And since we actually HAVE a home study now, I feel a lot more comfortable talking to the kids.

On the ttc front, here is where I whine, feel free to skip this one.

I know I ovulated, I just don't know when. Sometime between the 9th and the 15th. So I could start (or get a massive surprise) sometime between Monday and Friday. I really, really hate uncertainty (I know, shocking right?).

Besides the obvious, this is a problem. I'm leaving early Monday morning to drive 4 hours with my male co-worker to get on a boat for about 8 hours. NOT a good time to be doubled over with cramps and bawling because I'm not pregnant. Or to be anxious and poking my boobs to see if they are sore. Also, my clinic wanted to do a beta on cd 28 - that's not going to happen. I don't care as much about that because I can always get a stick to pee on, but the timing does suck.

I couldn't stand it and took a test today - negative, of course. In the best case this would be cd 11, so still pretty early.

I hate waiting! Wah, Wah, Wah!

No comments:

Post a Comment