Monday, October 18, 2010

really TMI - don't say I didn't warn you

I love my Diva cup, but days like today make even me squeamish. I have not stopped bleeding since my period started on the 1st of the month. It was mostly light after the first few days but all of a sudden on Sunday it got much, much heavier. I also had severe cramps and still do. I'm starting to get worried, this is really weird, even for me.

I'm bleeding so heavy that I filled up the cup in a couple of hours. I had to dump it at a gas station while I was out in the field and it looked like someone had been murdered in the bathroom. There was so much blood I really wondered if I should go to the hospital. I'm still kind of nervous although the flow has slowed down now. The cramps are bad, motrin is not helping. I just have no idea what the hell is going on. I was going to try to get my GYN's help in conning the insurance company and have her order an HSG for suspected fibroids. I didn't really think I had them but my insurance won't cover an HSG if it is for blocked tubes. So now I am wondering if maybe I need one anyway. This is the second cycle that has gone on and on, but the first with the crazy heavy bleeding.

I have an appointment on Thursday, just keep your fingers crossed that I make it through the boat ride tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. After reading this I had to learn what a Diva Cup is, and I must say I am intrigued by the idea.

    I am glad you have an appointment on Thursday. That sounds like a lot of bleeding. My first two periods after Charlotte died were very heavy and lasted eight days. My naturopath said eight days was okay, but four to six is better.

    Hope you make it through tomorrow and get some answers on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a Mooncup which I think is the same thing as the Diva (if you've not used one they really are brilliant!) and always fill mine in a few hours on my second day, so I think that is within the norm, so long as it's not prolonged bleeding that heavy. Might be worth getting it checked if that's not the norm for you though xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i use a mooncup too! feeling the love over here!

    if you've really been bleeding constantly for 18 days then seriously please get medical help. that's insane.

    i hope the cramps let up soon hon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like way too much bleeding. I used to have very long bleeding/spotting when I had endometriosis (but before I was diagnosed -- surgery followed immediately). Please make sure your doctor takes you seriously.

    ReplyDelete