Monday, September 20, 2010

Apologies - I promise I care

I have been trying for 3 weeks now to comment on blogs. I have been reading and trying to respond but every time I try to submit a comment it just blanks out the comment form and does nothing else. It seems to only be an issue with blogger. I've tried 3 different browsers but not a different computer. Has anyone else had this issue? It is really pissing me off that I can't comment. To me that is the whole purpose of blogging.

I will keep trying to find a way to fix this. In the meantime I can try email, it just takes longer if I don't already have your email. As always, feel free to email me.

And that reminds me - I've gotten this question a couple of times now.

If you (god forbid) have a friend that receives a poor prenatal diagnosis and needs an ear, I ABSOLUTELY want you to give them my blog and email address. The main reason I talk so openly about the heart breaking decision we made is that I found zero support for what we were going through. I only found the two support sites (only 2!) and various blogs after the fact. I hoped to prevent that for at least one person out there if I possibly could.

I just wanted to say I'm still around and I still care, I'm keeping up as much as I can and hopefully will be able to comment again soon.

4 comments:

  1. Potentially being another possible place of support for someone is one of the reasons I started blogging.

    I found only a couple blogs from parents of kids who shared Caleb's diagnosis. It was critical to my being able to accept what was in store for us because I could see in others that no matter what life went on, and it would be okay, and they loved their children so unconditionally through it.

    It's part of what keeps me writing so honestly and openly about what I am feeling. I love that you want to help others by putting yourself out there. Because I know for fact it does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super frustrating Jen.
    I just want to know that you already helped one person manage a poor prenatal diagnosis.
    I totally agree that it would be so wonderful to be able to help others. I wonder if there is a way to band together and get the word out? Just a thought, but it might be an interesting project.
    thinking of you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. re commenting - i'm using firefox but if when the comment doesn't post i right click and reload, and normally it works.

    sooner or later.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you're having a hard time commenting--- that's do frustrating! A potential project with cgd sounds very interesting. I hope you guys do it!

    ReplyDelete