Thursday, August 12, 2010

Close encounters of the fangy kind




While standing in chest deep water in the middle of a stream, one of these ever so friendly creatures happened by. He was less than amused to find me in his way. I was less than amused to find myself in his way, especially since the only way I could rectify that was to back up, into the deeper water. So I got a quick lesson in how to tread water while your waders are filling up and your heart rate is up to about 280.

I love my job.

Everyone will be pleased to know that both the snake and myself made it through the encounter unharmed. And trust me, I was WAY more scared of him than he was of me.

8 comments:

  1. hell yes, i believe you! im scared and i wasn't IN THE WATER WITH THAT aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

    so glad you are alright!
    xoxo
    lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is why biology was not for me. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like lis, I'm scared and I'm only looking at a photograph. Certainly wouldn't like to be sharing a body of water with him.

    Glad that your encounter left you both unscathed. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with lis and Catherine - that is so scary!

    I'm so glad you are ok, and that the is snake too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! I would have totally freaked out! I am glad you are ok, be careful out there!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. shivering! i'm more glad you're ok than that he is :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gah! I hate snakes. I might have died in the spot of fright!

    ReplyDelete