Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Not even on the radar

So, this is how my weekend went.

Friday - birthday that only reminded me of what is missing, period 3 days late, freaking out because it is WAY too soon to be pregnant again.

Saturday - very first camping trip with our 3 year old daughter. We should have known better. We spent the entire time yelling at her to stop trying to kill herself and just got really aggravated. Not trying that again anytime soon (dammit, we LOVE to camp). Period starts with horrible cramping - depression sets in because I should still be pregnant.

Sunday - get home and dump all the wet and sandy clothes, blankets etc. on the floor. With the lovely neighbor's assistance, start massive piles of laundry. Discover the washer is leaking and throw it outside (we have to buy a new one - this one is toast). Discover while cleaning the floor under the washer that the piece of crap water heater is also leaking from a pressure relief valve that the idiot landlord had draining onto the FLOOR. Bleach the mildew and bang head on cabinet a few times.

But you know what? The washer, the water heater, even the camping - just annoying. Three months ago I would have been cursing my luck (my husband is right now) but now, it's not even on the radar.

Not much makes it onto the radar these days, what with the dead baby blocking the screen and all.

2 comments:

  1. Strange how that happens isn't it. Puts everything else into perspective. Sometimes the little things don't bother me as much, at other times they are like the final straw that broke the camel's back.

    I'm sorry you've had such a rough weekend. Hope that the new washer and the heater get sorted out quickly. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dead fetuses: 80% of my waking consciousness. Minimum. Fortunately, I managed to kick them out of my dreams a couple of months back. Whew! That was a real breakthrough!

    Good luck with the plumbing anyways. Nothing like the therapeutic value of cleaning mold.

    ReplyDelete